Mount Dora is one of Florida’s most charming lakefront small towns, known for it’s Festivals and historic district. It is an ideal spot for your next getaway, with it’s local markets, antique shops, wineries and historic Bed & Breakfast accommodations. From sipping a glass of Vino at your favorite watering hole to sunset cruising across Lake Dora. Find the perfect gift at one of the many shops and boutiques.
Some Fun Things to do while in Mount Dora:
- Enjoy many of the downtown’s charming restaurants from Cuban, German, Italian, Mexican, Bakery’s and more. The Goblin Market is a quaint Bistro that sets the mood for a romantic dinner date with sizzling Steaks, Florida Crab Cakes and New Zealand Rack of Lamb or Pisces Rising on the Deck overlooking Lake Dora for Key West Style entrees, full bar and live entertainment.
- Grantham Point Park home to the Mount Dora Lighthouse on the lakefront and take time to walk along the boardwalk into Palm Island Nature Preserve.
- Enjoy the lakefront, take a scenic flight across Lake Dora in a seaplane at Jones Brothers Air & Seaplane Adventures or a sunset cruise aboard The Rusty Anchor.
- Soak up the scenery on a Cat Boat Tour thru the Dora Jungle Canal considered ” the most beautiful mile of waterway” where you can spot native birds, turtles and alligators.
- The Mount Dora Art Splash held every 2nd Friday. A lively celebration of local Artists, sidewalk Performers and Musicians.
- Go Wine tasting at The Cellar Door. In addition to an excellent selection of wines, beer and cider, it’s a great place to meet someone, special events that include live music, karaoke and open mic night.
- Look for antique treasures at Renningers Twin Markets, known for it’s most famous hotspot that combines an Antique Center, Farmers Market and Flea Market.